Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, November 8, 2010

Hellooooo!





Well since I last wrote obviously life has gone on and Titus just keeps developing into the cutest baby boy I have ever loved, which has not been a whole lot in my life, Sior (pronounced like shore) and Jayce to name the ones I think of immediately. Oh I remember when Sior was a baby and I would hold him and I just remember thinking I want one these precious baby boys of my own. Now he is five years old and I do have one of my own! Anyway we had a busy day on Halloween since it was Sunday, there was of course church, then we did family pictures and then Sior had his birthday party which was a harvest party. His birthday was on the 29th and we were supposed to come dressed up but Tom and I both refuse to participate in teaching our child anything that has to do with Halloween, even if it is made as simple as a harvest party. We both participated in it when we were children but it is interesting that both of us on our own had decided that was something we did not want for our kids. Anyway it was a fun party with great food and company and fun for the birthday boy and that is what matters.

We went to one of our favorite places up the Rattlesnake for our family pictures. Some pictures were taken on the this bridge that we have played cribbage on a couple of times up there. I was very nervous because I think my smile is always fake but what a blessing it was to get them back and find that you couldn't tell that and most of them turned out awesome. Our photographer was a girl from our church who really got into it once she started having kids and she did a great job with posing us and making it comfortable and natural feeling. She spent a little over an hour with us and then she goes through all the poses and pics out her favorite one in each pose and sharpens it in color and then pics out her second favorite in each pose and turns it black and white and then erases the rest of the shots and gives all of them to you on a cd for you to do what you want with them. So we actually got about 58 pictures back, which I think is awesome. And she was very affordable!

Oh the total proceeds of the pumpkin patch ended up being over $18,000 to go towards the Great Commission Fund of the Alliance Missionaries! How awesome is that?!

Titus now always sleeps on his belly, we initially start him on his back but he always rolls over now. Which is awesome because now his little bald patches can grow back fully that his mattress has rubbed off.

Tom went hunting this last Saturday with Brian and Ronnie but they did not have any luck. They are going to go again next Saturday and we will be praying they get something between the three of them. Titus and I hung out with Rachelle and her kids and Dawn and her boys at Brian and Rachelle's house while the boys hunted. That was fun for the all and good soup for dinner.

Oh Tom and I did get to go on our first date also on the 30th. Thanks to Brian and Rachelle, they not only sponsored our date by giving towards pretty much the whole meal but they watched Titus for us. I was so relieved, I knew that he was in good hands and I was able to fully enjoy myself and time with Tom. We went to Johnny Carino's and I got my favorite eggplant dish there! Then we also went to Starbucks and got some non coffee beverages and then we went for a short walk in a park near Brian and Rachelle's house and when we pulled up to the park we got a text from Brian that said "no hurry but he is starting to get fussy." So we did our short walk and got over there and he was crying really hard and his face was all red and he just looked mad. He was hungry which I knew he would be getting, we were out about 2 hours and he ate before we left their house but that is about how long he lasts before he is hungry again. Otherwise he did great and he didn't complain or anything till he got hungry and he loved playing with Kezia, Shaelie and Jayce. And Rachelle was so sweet, she knew he was hungry and she couldn't do anything about it and she just tried to comfort him till we got there.

Anyway that is about it, I do have most of the family pictures uploaded to Costco.com, if you want to see them and possibly order some, I can send you an email invite to view them. They will have you set up an account to view them but that does NOT require a membership to Costco. Just let me know by email, tom.carrie.johnson@gmail.com, and if you don't have a Costco near you to order some to pick up I can upload to WalMart and you would be able to pick them up there, I have done that for my sister and Tom's parents already and WalMart online is pretty easy to work with also. Otherwise we will probably send out one for a Christmas card but it may most likely have typing on it.

1 comment: