Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

So Thankful!

I'm so thankful....

that Tom and I have finally joined a Life Group in our church body.  What is a Life Group you ask?  Well  it is like an in home bible study that is held at some one's house who is willing to open up their home to other believers in the church.  We study the bible together, in our churches case, our Life Groups study over the passage that the Pastor is going to or has just preached on the following or past week.  It gives us a chance to explore with others what we are all learning together on Sunday.  There are about 6 other couples in our Life Group that we get a chance to get to know and grow spiritually together.  Plus our kids all get to play together while being watched by a sweet babysitter!  We also get to enjoy dinner together that evening and there are even chances for us to go out into the community and serve together and be God's hands and feet to our community!  This is exciting because our church is so big and can be overwhelming to try to get to know others plus we are connecting with others who are in the same stage of life as us, young parents!

I'm also thankful that I had joined a mom's book study this summer, not only was the book very enjoyable that we read: One Heartbeat Away, Your Journey Into Eternity by Mark Cahill, but I met many other mom's my age and now am part of their group book study at our church on Thursday mornings called Koinonia where we are studying through Beth Moore's study on Daniel: Lives of Integrity, Words of Prophecy.

I'm very thankful for our son, he just continues to grow and progress in his development.  He just had his 15 month check up at the beginning of this month and he was 33 1/4 in. long making him taller than 95% of the kids his age and weighed in at 22 lbs. 10 oz. making him weigh more than only 25% of the kids his age.  He continues to be just like his dad, tall and skinny!  And he is a continuous joy and blessing to our lives, of course making us want more kids but we are not pregnant as of yet!

I'm also thankful for my husband, I started a jewelry business in April of this year and he has been very supportive all the way.  I make custom made birthstone bracelets and earrings for moms, grandmothers etc. and when I started I was using silver plated pieces and components not really realizing the quality difference it is to Sterling Silver.  Both can tarnish but only Sterling Silver can be polished back to the shiny silver color you want it to be and therefore lasting for years to come over silver plated pieces.  So this last month in August he supported me to make a big investment in Sterling Silver to be able to offer my customers the best quality of product I can.  You can find my business on Facebook under "Adorned With Your Little Blessings", go here, or I have a business blog by the same name listed below to the right under 'Blogs and Sites We Follow'.  Soon I will be posting new pictures of the upgraded product to both sites and will be also selling it on Etsy.com, where you can find a variety of handmade things.

No comments:

Post a Comment