Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, July 15, 2011

The Anniversary Evening and Other Things...

Well we ended up going out for dinner at the Mustard Seed Restaurant here in town, it is Asian style.  Very good food and great company!  I am very grateful for Tom's job at Allegiance, not only does it provide good enough for our family that I can stay home with Titus but it provides great benefits for us including a gift card on his birthday for a nice place to eat like that!  Titus seemed to love his babysitter once again!  To end our night we watched our wedding video with him and then after he went to bed, we enjoyed a game of cribbage, which Tom beat me at!  (He also beat me on my birthday!)

This was the dessert we shared, Chocolate Cloud Cake, a flour less cake dessert, mmmm so yummy!

We went camping back in mid June and I never shared our experience.  We had been planning to camp up on one of the lakes near Seeley, MT, there are many different lakes up there with campsites.  We were planning this little outing with my friend Daisy and her four children but one of them came down with a cough and so we moved out camping expedition to her backyard here in Missoula!  She has one of those off the ground fire pits and so we were still able to cook hot dogs on the fire and have smores later, but since we were at her house we also got to enjoy a rhubarb strawberry pie that I made there!  Mmmm so yummy!  Her and her two oldest kids slept outside in their huge tent, the twins were just not going to to sleep so they got sent inside to sleep.  And Tom and Titus and I slept in our two man tent.  I was worried about Titus getting cold so I put him in this "layette" thing that makes him look like a fluffy teddy bear complete with his pj's and wool socks!  He slept well and stayed warm but he could not move around in this thing if he wanted!  So about 3 am rolls around and he is starting to try to move and I am trying to help him without waking him up but that did not work!  He was wide awake for about an hour, "talking" to us and slapping our faces and laughing and then I finally got him back to sleep.  But I took him out of that thing and he actually slept out from under our sleeping bags for the most part up by our heads and he stayed perfectly warm!  I was surprised but I think it helps for sure to have a smaller tent for the heat rather than a big one for space.

Here is the little teddy bear fast asleep in the tent by himself, while we are enjoying the smores!

No comments:

Post a Comment