Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

2 1/2 Weeks Already

Titus and Grandma Mary, he is sporting his new Griz hat that he got at his shower from auntie Nessie & auntie Zoe! How very cute!

Time is flying by quickly, I can't believe Titus is already close to 3 weeks old. We had a nice shower on the 19Th thrown for us, lots of people came and even more had dropped by gifts for Titus. He made out with a lot of loot there!! Thanks to any of you who came :) It was very nice and lots of fun, I was nervous being a new mom and all and being around so many people. My aunt Mary had just made it back to MT the night before from her visit back to IL to see our family and so her and Heidi came and it was both their first time seeing Titus. Heidi had been sick when he was born and couldn't come to the hospital to visit. That was good though, I had her hold him the whole time because I didn't really want him passed around like he's a toy. I will admit that I am kind of paranoid about germs when it comes to him and I think visits at home are much better than large crowds of people because if one person holds him then everyone else will want to get in on it. Anyway enough about that.
My parents made it here on Sunday and their visit has been really enjoyable. I try to let my mom hold him whenever I can which is when he isn't nursing or we are not eating ourselves. I can tell she just really enjoys him and is so happy to finally have a boy in our family. Today Mary actually took them over to Helena to fish for the day, it is beautiful out and the fish are really biting over there on Canyon Ferry Lake I guess. Hope they bring some home, I can never get enough fish to eat.
Well Tom is back to work this week and Titus and I miss him like crazy but I had kind of gotten a little preview of what it would be like here all by myself with Titus the day of my shower. He had gone fishing from 7am to around 8pm and my parents were not here yet. He thought he would be home around 5 but they just kept catching them and I was okay! It was good for him to get out of the house, after two weeks of being home and waiting on me hand and foot and more because he is such a great husband, I was happy for him to get out and enjoy the outdoors doing something else that he loves to do.
Little Titus gets circumcised on this Friday, please pray that it goes well. I of course am a little nervous because I heard how it is done and I am not sure if I will be able to watch or not. I guess they have to strap their legs down which makes sense, you wouldn't want the scalpel blade to cut something it shouldn't but can you imagine. Ugh.

Tom also caught 3 salmon up there too and got to bring them all home because the Olsen's' didn't want any! Mmmmoooorrrreeee for us, we already ate them with Mom and Dad off the grill the other night.

While Titus and I were at our shower, this is the fish Daddy caught with Andy Olsen and his dad with their boat up on Salmon Lake near Seeley, MT. This is the Pike they caught and Tom got to bring 4 of them home. Mmmmmm.

Titus loves getting burped by Daddy, some good "guy time". Sometimes when Titus is fussy we use the exercise ball to bounce him while we hold him and Daddy is the pro at this job too.

2 comments:

  1. Carrie and Tom ~
    Congratulations to the both of you. He is absolutely beautiful! It is so hard to believe that you are a mom; you will find it the greatest joy of your life... to watch your children grow into wonderful adults. I can't wait to meet Titus... Love to all three of you. Karen and Earl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad Titus whitus likes the hat! =P and I don't think I could be more honored to be called his auntie =D Can't wait to see the handsome little man, since I'm back from my travels! He's growing so fast!

    lots of love,
    Nessie

    ReplyDelete