Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, June 3, 2010

38 weeks & Progressing!



Well we are up to 38 weeks now and I did make some progress this week at my appointment. I got to see Dr. Burke which was nice because there were some questions we had since we are getting closer! He said I was still at 2cm dilated but now 90% effaced. And he said the baby's head was still right there along with my bag of waters right there too! He guesstimated the baby's weight to be around 7 1/2 to 8 lbs right now by gently palpating my belly :) So he actually said that if I make it to next Wednesday he would suggest that we go a week early to prevent the baby from getting too big for me to deliver as a first timer! Only baby knows how long it will be though, it may not even be through the weekend here! The days at work are getting long for me, I am still full time at the vet clinic and want to stay that way til the baby comes because I won't be going back. But the nights are even longer, getting up to potty four times in the night drags it out! I am so excited for the next season of my life to be a mom. It is amazing how God works and changes our hearts, we went from being in shock for about 2 months that we were pregnant so soon after getting married to anxiously awaiting our sweet little one's arrival. Actually I think I was in more shock than Tom, he has seemed to be excited from the very beginning. Now I am just anxious for the arrival to find out if the baby is a boy or a girl, most people think it will be a boy and part of me hopes it's a girl only because I think it would be funny if "they" were all wrong. But either way we are both very excited. Anyway I will go for now, if the baby comes sooner than my next appointment I will do my best to post before next week just because I know all will be waiting to see how cute the baby is! Oh and my toes were done by a nice girl at the Modern Beauty School, don't worry I couldn't reach them myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment