Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Years!


We have adopted a New Years Day tradition from one of our friends, the Wiggins. This is our fourth year going sledding, they introduced it to us before we started dating, what were they thinking?! XOXOXO! Anyway generally we go somewhere in the woods along Hwy 12 to go sledding and then build a campfire to cook hot dogs on and smores and bring hot cocoa! And then play games later that evening. Well the first year they invited us separately, not as a couple, we did just that with them and their two girls and it was very fun. The next year they didn't go I think because they had a 2 month old son, so we went, this time engaged, and took Mia and Sior with us and my old roommate and her fiance but we couldn't get a fire going that year. Last year we went, married and pregnant with the Wiggins, it was the first day I felt Titus move! And Tom's brother also came with Zowee, his daughter. And we took Mia and Sior too. But we went all the way up to Lolo Pass thinking the warming hut would be open up there in case the kids got cold but it wasn't because the holiday was on a Friday. This year the Wiggins were out of town for the holidays, so we went with another family, the Tuinstras' and took Mia and Sior and it was so cold and not supposed to get any warmer than like 4 degrees I think! So we found a place in town to go, on Spurgin Rd. & Tower St., and it was a pretty good hill for the kids and Titus got to go down the hill with dad once! Mia talked me into rolling down the hill with her without me even thinking about it and I got so dizzy and wondered as I am rolling out of control if I am going to hit my head and get a concussion and make a trip to the hospital! But we both felt nauseous afterwards and I won't be doing that again! And Titus stayed very warm in his long underwear, smartwool socks, fleece jacket, hat and mittens, jogging pants and this big layette that makes him look like a teddy bear, thanks Christy!

It was a blast and I think Titus will really enjoy it as he gets older! What does your family like to do on New Years?

No comments:

Post a Comment