Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Oh The Places You Go....!

Today was a very productive day for Mommy!  Titus got his morning nap and then off we went to run some errands.  We do not do that very often I have to say, so we basically stay home A LOT.  But today I wanted and needed to get some things done outside of the house, outside of these four very white boring walls!  I love my time with my family, don't misunderstand that and lately I am loving the freedom that comes with a now 8 month old crawling and exploring!  Not only is it freedom for him no doubt but it means more freedom for Mom.  I don't have to be present (within arms length) to satisfy my sons every want.  I can actually do the dishes, with one eye on Titus, while he explores the living room!  And it is VERY FUN to watch him explore, at least at this point it is.  He is pulling himself up to a standing position on anything that is even the least bit stable, which includes a rocking chair! 

But today we went to the great store of Wal-Mart to work on some Valentine projects Titus wanted to do!  We went to the grocery store and had lunch with my aunt Mary, which the company was way better than the food I have to say!  We went to the mall to pay our cell phone bill, ugh!  And we went to see the pretty nurse at Titus' doctors office so that we could see how big we are getting!  His last check up was at 6 months in December and his next one won't be until he is 1 year in June, so we were curious to see how much we have grown and 6 months is way to long to wait!  Well, he has grown but not as much as mommy and daddy were thinkin he has.  He is now 17 lbs. 11 oz. and 28 1/2 in. long.  Only about 1 pound up and a 1/4 in. longer since his last checkup!  So technically he could stay in his infant seat still since it goes till 30 lbs. or 30 ins., whichever comes first.  We just got him this convertible seat (rear-facing to front-facing) thinking he was beyond the 30 ins. by now and it looks like a captains chair off of Star-Trek!  It does kind of go into a laying position for the rear-facing but not enough cuz when he falls asleep in it his little head hangs forward and I feel terrible for him thinking that has to be so uncomfortable.

Titus is also beginning to love his solid food, he seems to no longer really take the time to taste it or move it around to check out its texture, he just eats it!  Unless of course he doesn't like it, like pears, he seems to not like them.  He takes after his mom on that one, I do not like the grainy texture of pears.  I do like his pureed version of them but he doesn't seem to?  But he likes bananas, apples, carrots, sweet potato and parsnip so far.  Next is butternut squash, mmmmm!

I thought I would add a pic of a tasty dish Tom makes for us sometimes, also great for any vegetarians!  He buys frozen pot stickers (aka gyoza in Japanese) and fry and steams them on the stove top.  And he sautes frozen green beans in soy sauce and oil or butter.  Then he has this amazing rice cooker, that cooks the rice perfectly sticky in just 10 minutes and voila you have a wonderful Japanese style meal!  So yummy!

Anyway I should go, I don't think I forgot anything important!?

2 comments:

  1. Hey what's the recipe for how he does the beans? Jase wants an "Asian themed dinner" for his birthday =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does he steam the pot stickers or fry them...I would like the recipe too. That sounds great. I have wondered if a rice cooker is worth the investment as my small appliance cupboard is packed but maybe I should look into it. Titus has all but caught up with my little munchkin who is 18 lbs. I was planning on changing her out of her infant seat at a year but don't think I will. She still has a way to go! Glad things are going well. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete