Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Birthing Class!!!



Today we had our birthing class that we chose to take at Community Medical Cent. where our baby will be born. It came highly rec. from our OB, Dr. Burke. It was very informative Tom and I both thought and we practiced breathing and other techniques to relieve back pain now and during labor :) Which I experience a lot now in my lower back and today I found out why it is down there :) We also watched a lot of videos and got to see five births that were done without medication and got to see one with an epidural & a c-section! I have been adamant from the beginning that I am not getting an epidural, I hate needles & don't really like the thought of one going into my spine! Yikes! And you know all of those videos just confirmed my decision and as long as me and the baby are safe throughout labor I am going to stick with my decision. I believe I can do it and the Lord will give me the strength to do it. There were 7 other couples in the class and we were the only ones who has not found out the sex of our baby! Anyway that was the bulk of our day today, 9-4:30ish, a lot of information and we toured the labor and delivery where we will go when it comes time! I feel much more prepared now that I am informed of all my options. Some of the videos almost made me cry, when the baby comes out and is given over to the mother to hold and she is holding the most beautiful of all God's creation that she just did all that hard work for, wow God is splendid in His creative ability.
I wanted to take some good belly picks for you all this week since I just had an appointment on Tuesday. Which went well, everything is good thus far and now I actually start going every 2 weeks to see the Doc.! Getting closer!

2 comments:

  1. Hey sexy sis!!! I luv these 2 pics...so cute! Your lookin darn good, keep up the good work!!! So nice to b able to SEE and READ updates! Coolio! LUv yous and miss yous!! Luv Aunty/Sissy,

    Becky :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carrie and Tom!
    you look awsome carrie! I love the pics! Happy Birthday Tom!
    Love you
    love loop

    ReplyDelete