Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, May 6, 2010

34 Weeks Today



Well today is the beginning of week 34 and my weekly email from Baby Center is telling me the that the baby is around 4 3/4 lbs. and about the size of an average cantaloupe! I think the baby is bigger, cuz my belly sure looks and feels bigger than that. I had another check up yesterday and all is good, babies heart sounded good and the doc said I looked good. He said that at my next visit (in 2 weeks) he would be checking my cervix! Yikes that means we are getting close! We still have to get the babies room ready, although when I was working on Saturday Tom did put the crib together! It has been sitting in the box in our hallway since it came and I came home from work and the box was gone and the babies room door was shut so I knew something was up! He put it all together, we just need to get all the boxes of "stuff" out of there. We got one of those 4 in 1 cribs that was rated well by consumer reports and I will have to take a picture of it when it is all complete with a mattress and bedding stuff. It is not only a crib, but a also a toddler bed, daybed and full size bed when converted. So it should last us a while til we need to use the crib again for the next baby Lord willing.
Today is National Day of Prayer and our church had a good time of prayer and worship tonight that we participated in after work and then they had a chili dinner afterwords. It was good to pray over the different things we were led through, our families & marriages, our schools, our church and our government. It was good to be reminded that when we participate in prayer we are showing our trust in God for those things. Even if it seems they are beyond help from our perspective, they are not out of Gods grasp or control.