Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tom's Birthday



Today is my favorite mans birthday! It is his tradition to take the day off of work and do something special to celebrate the day and he asked me to join him and I was able to thankfully. We snuggled in bed til about 9 am this morning catching up on some much needed rest. Then we got up and I made him breakfast, german pancakes for us, and we watched an episode of Little House on the Prairie while we enjoyed our pancakes. Tom had wanted to go to Seeley Lake today but we were not sure that is what we wanted to do after just going up there (50 miles) on Saturday evening. But Tom explained to me that he wanted to go there to have lunch and get coffee at a nice shop up there where he actually wanted to buy me a necklace & earrings for Mother's Day! He is so thoughtful, how many people want to buy other people stuff on their own birthday? I said as long as we made some stops on the way home to stretch our legs I thought I would be fine. So we headed out only after we made an "emergency stop" at the grocery store so that I could get him a hot cocoa from Starbucks, his favorite hot cocoa. I slept on the way up to Seeley and then we finally found a spot to eat that was still open (town of about 2600) and then made our way to the shop and we found a very pretty set that was made by a local person there and she is actually a client at the vet clinic and I didn't know she made jewelry. After spending a good amount of time there we headed home, we still wanted to try to see Toms brother and wife and kids before his special day was over. We stopped on the way home at a lake Tom usually fishes in the early morning when we are on Spring Retreat. Nice pretty little lake, Harpers Lake, pictured above.
When we got to town Tom wanted to do a little grocery shopping for his brothers family to bless them with since they have many food allergies and some things they are limited to are very expensive. We came home and I started working on a homemade apple pie for Tom (his favorite pie) and Kevin and Carolyn and the girls came to visit us since they were in town for other stuff and we got to visit a little and then give them the groceries, I think they were surprised.
It has been a wonderful day and what a blessing to be able to spend it in a special way together with our lil muffin we are eagerly awaiting.