Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, May 20, 2010

36 Weeks & Progressing!


Where has the time gone, pregnancy really does go fast you know. Maybe next week I will be singing a different tune but we are getting close and really the baby could come at any time! Yesterday at my check up, my cervix was checked and I am dilated (the amount that the cervix has opened) to 2 cm out of 10 cm and my effacement (the thinning out of the cervix) is 50% out of 100%! I wasn't really expecting to hear that because not much has been happening so it seems to me. I think Tom and I were both shocked and Dr. Burke said the head was right there and he was pushing on it! He said "You are locked and loaded and ready to go!" And if the baby decides to come he wouldn't stop it at this point. So our job this weekend is to get our hospital bags packed and clean out our cars so we are ready to go at anytime with the car seat and diaper bag. We still need to go get our diaper bag and the things that should go in it for the baby! Dr. Burke said he would just see me next week for my next check up if not before! Yikes!
I could tell the baby had finally dropped this last weekend when I was moving really slow and waddling a lot. I felt like everywhere I went I was the slowest person getting there! Tom was very good about adjusting his pace to walk with me :)
Well since my appointments are now weekly until the baby comes I am going to try to write at least that often with a picture so you can know and see my progress!

1 comment:

  1. So exciting! you can't have it yet though! you have to have it on my birthday remember!?! haha j\k I CAN'T wait for the muffin to get here! I'm so excited for you guys! =D
    ~Nessie

    ReplyDelete