Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Our First Family Thanksgiving Adventure


Well our Thanksgiving trip to Colorado was great all the way around. We did end up leaving a little later than we wanted due to weather but we got on the road Wednesday morning just when Titus was ready to take his morning nap. He did really well and actually slept almost the whole way to Billings which was where we stopped to spend the night. Thursday traveling for him was a little different, he was not as happy to be in his car seat as the first day and he was in it longer on Thursday. But I did sit in the back with him for a while and discovered that he couldn't move even his arms a whole lot since mommy was strapping him in with his winter jacket on! But we made it into Colorado to our destination at Larry & Linda's (second cousin of Toms') just in time for dinner. Mmmm, it was all very good, my personal favorite besides the star turkey of course, was the sweet potato dish that Gary (Larry's brother) made. It was soooo good and I thought it was a shame that Tom doesn't like sweet potatoes but I ate his portion!

Then we had to load Titus up one more time to make it over to Rich & Carols' to stay til Saturday morning when we would get back on the road. Our stay was great there and it was so good to see Grandpa and Grandma enjoy their grandson when he would let them. Sharon, Carol's sister, (in picture above) also stayed with us there to visit while we were there. I was determined not to put Titus in his car seat on Friday to give him a break, I thought that was only fair to him with 4 of our 5 days of travel being in the car for long hours. So we played some games and played with the baby, Titus got really tired during the day but wouldn't go down for a nap, I don't think he wanted to miss any action or miss out on time with Grandpa and Grandma.

We had him of course sleeping in the same room as us this whole time on our trip which he hasn't done since he was 3 months old and I was impressed. I did hear him wake up at least once every night and he would just put himself back to sleep. Such a good baby he is.

We headed back then on Saturday and the roads were pretty much fine the whole way, wet in areas. But mommy didn't strap him in in his car seat with his winter jacket on this time and he did even better! He hardly complained at all, if he was awake he would just play with his toys on his bar and I didn't have to even sit in the back with him at all. He was a trooper! Tom did all the driving which was so nice of him.

We had many things to be thankful for over the holiday and everyday we do. God answered many prayers to keep us safe and to keep Titus happy during the traveling. And we had a good visit with Grandpa, Grandma, aunt Sharon, Larry, Linda and Gary. Titus just loved all the attention he was getting at the Thanksgiving table. He was soaking it up the little ham. And our car ran good for that long trip, it has some issues that need to be addressed but it did fine.

Now we will be getting ready for our IL trip, coming up in just 12 days! Yikes! I am so excited, it has been a year and a half since I have seen my sisters and the rest of my relatives. I am so excited for all of my family to enjoy Titus, it is refreshing to me as a stay at home mom to have other people enjoy him and all I have to do is feed and change him. It kind of recharges me and he is such a good boy too.

We will be trying our first foods on Sunday! He will be 6 months old and we are going to try that rice cereal and see what he thinks!? I am just going to take my time with it though if he ends up not being to interested. Everything you read these days as far as development and when you go see the Pediatrician are letting you know that they are finding more and more links to allergies due to starting foods too early in babies and nutritionally they say that they don't need anything else the first year if they are breastfed. But they do after that so they need the know how by then and that is why you introduce it before a year. Besides they are also finding that you as a mom are less likely to get breast cancer if you breast feed. So either way it doesn't matter to me, I plan on breastfeeding til he is a year anyway unless he weans himself before then. With all the allergies that his cousins have on his dad's side I don't want to take any chances. I even am going to avoid introducing potential high risk allergy foods until he is older than 6 months to try to prevent it. Basically no dairy, nuts, eggs, wheat based products, fish or chocolate until he is 9-12 months.


Mommy found some long underwear and some sweet wool socks for Titus before our trip just in case the weather got bad or something and we got stranded. I wanted to make sure he was warm and he was enjoying this box for a little while. His eyes always look big in our pictures because he is looking at the red eye light on the front of the camera! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment