Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, December 3, 2010

Pumpkin Dump Cake

I have to share another recipe with you that was introduced to me at a birthday party on Halloween. I loved it almost better than pumpkin pie. Maybe you would want to try a new holiday dish?! We did, I made it in CO and I plan on making it in IL for our Christmas parties there.

1 can Libby's pumpkin pie filling
then all the ingredients you need to make filling according to directions on can.
(eggs, sugar, salt, ground cinnamon, nutmeg or ground ginger, ground cloves, & evaporated milk)
1 box of yellow or white cake mix
1 stick of butter, melted

Make filling according to directions on can. Pour batter into greased 9x13 pan. Top with pkg. of cake mix. Melt butter & pour over dry cake mix. Bake 1 hour @ 350. May serve topped with whip cream.

NOTE: Personally I like it better if the cake batter is just mixed in with the pie filling instead of just on top of filling. It tasted better to me and looked more appetizing but you could do either and it would be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment