Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, March 26, 2011

What Would You Do?

Hey I would totally be adding pics today of my handsome boy but Tom has our camera and he is with his friend Mike up Lolo Pass tonight to spend the night in a snow cave that they will build for themselves!  They will return early tomorrow in time for church.  Sounds fun but Titus is a bit to young for that, so fun pics shall come later this week if not tomorrow!

Titus is making more and more gibberish noise everyday, I mean I know he is talking, I am just not clued into what language it is yet?  Anyway whatever he is saying is sure cute and interesting to all of us!  He is so close to walking, with your help he will walk straight forward on the length of the living room to the kitchen no problem.  He is getting two top teeth in, one front one and one beside it on his left side.  Makes for a cute smile, why is a smile like that so creepy on an adult?  Anyway good times with him, he remains a generally happy baby despite all of his tooth action going on.  He is such a sweet little blessing and I am so excited for his first words and for him to be able to talk!  Can you imagine?

I wanted to tell you of an interesting incident that happened earlier this week.  On Wednesdays I have started to help Daisy with her kids for almost a few hours in the afternoons.  Something that makes her life a little easier AND gives our children some time to play together on a regular basis so that they know each other.  Well this last Wednesday I got home around 6:30 I figured out from looking at some of my text, and one of our neighbors (lives in same building, which is like a 12 plex but it split up into 3 sets of four if that makes sense?) who lives one section up from us, same as us, upstairs and to the left, was sitting out in his big Chevy truck listening to music loudly.  Like his doors were shut but it sounded like church bells were ringing from downtown, that is how loud it was but muffled because doors were shut.  This is very unusual for him, never seen him do it before, him and his wife have lived here since I believe Tom has, I remember them moving in shortly after we got married.  They are older, like old enough to be my parents and from the south, they have those neat accents you always wish you could perfect yourself and they have always been really nice whenever we have talked in passing.  Anyway Tom left for youth group about 6:50 and he was still in his truck listening to his music Tom said.  Well Tom likes to chat with Brian usually or students can be slow at getting out of the youth room, so yg is usually from 7-9 but Tom honestly rarely gets home before 9:30 and sometimes closer to 10.  Well I laid Titus down just shy of 9 and I just simply take him in his room and lay him down, I don't turn on lights or anything, he is in the front room of our apartment right next to the entryway.  And then I made sure the door was unlocked because it never fails that every time Tom comes home, lunch time usually, but sometimes on Wednesday nights too, he wakes him up getting his key in the door and getting the door opened.  Well I went and sat down on the couch and all the sudden someone basically sounds like they are running up the steps and comes in the apt and kind of slams the door I would say compared to how Tom and I close the door.  I knew it wasn't Tom!  He would have been home way to early and he never is that loud coming up the stairs or coming in the door!

Now what transpired next only took place in about the span of 2-3 minutes but seemed like 10 to me!  I immediately began to question "who was there?"  And I received no answer, I had the TV on too so I am not sure if he thought it was the television but I thought I was asking rather loudly in a demanding voice.  "Tom is that you?",  no answer, "Who is in the house?" no answer.  Soon he turned on the hall light and he said "What is this thing?" referring to Tom's Chimney Starter for his charcoal grill that was sitting in our entry area.  If you don't know what it is, google it, it is kind of a strange looking thing if you don't know what it is or use a charcoal grill.  Well I was standing near our bedroom door in the back of apartment when he asked that ? because I was going to get the shot gun in our bedroom because this stranger was not answering me and he was right next to my sons bedroom!  When he posed that ? I said "you are in the wrong apartment" and he apologized and turned around to leave.  I recognized his voice with his accent when he apologized and then I went to see him out so that I could see him and make sure it was who I thought it was and all I saw was the back of him as he left.  And I smelled cigarettes for sure on him and possibly more like alcohol but I'm not sure, all I know is he reeked! 

Titus woke just as the door shut and started crying and my heart was beating so fast, I don't think I have been so scared since crazy incidents happened to my sisters, mom and I when I was in junior high!  Titus was really upset I think because he heard me basically yelling at this guy with my ?'s and mommy is never that loud when he is sleeping!  Now I think it was an honest mistake on his part coming into the wrong apartment, we both live upstairs on the left and when he finally turned on the light he voiced a ? like he didn't recognize where he was and immediately apologized and left.  But it is strange that if he came to our apartment directly from his truck, why that happened, he parks straight out from his own apartment and always has!  But possibly he was sitting out there smoking if his wife doesn't let him smoke inside (these are no smoking places) and he went down to the dumpster to get rid of his ashes and such which is down past our place and walking back up towards his place, he turned in to go to his apt. one sidewalk too soon?  I don't know, I talked to our neighbors downstairs that I would trust with anything and they thought it was a complete accident from what they know of him.  They tend to get to know the people around them if possible cuz they are old and retired and he does all the snow shoveling around our building and cars.  And he helped this couple when they moved in since their moving trailer blew out a tire.  Plus they are Christians and watch out for me like they are my own grandparents.

But there is always ?'s of whether it was an accident or not.  I told my mom the following morning and she and my dad both thought that at best an incident report needed to be given to the police in case it wasn't an accident and it happens again!  The concerned grandparents and parents that they are, which they should be, immediately thought of all the worst case scenarios that could have happened (baby kidnapping, rape, sexual abuse) and that was all that I thought about the next day while Tom was at work.  And this world is crazy and only getting worse despite what people living in denial want to believe.  But there isn't any of those listed offenders above living in these apartments, as I checked online and the closest is 1.45 miles away according to familywatchdog.com.  And I believe that God is Sovereign and knew what was going to happen, maybe this accident happened for a reason.  Maybe this is a wake up call to get to know our neighbors and reach out to them.  My neighbors downstairs did tell me that this guys dad just had a stroke like this week and he may need to travel to OK for him.  All I know is we are praying about our response to this incident because we do feel we need to approach them about it in some way.  But what would you do?  Our natural reaction is to assume the worst and fight, and our natural reaction comes from our sinful nature of Adam.  But what is our supernatural reaction supposed to be, coming from our new nature in Christ?

Sorry this is extremely long but I wanted to share this story with you.

1 comment:

  1. Carrie, this is crazy! I would've been so freaked out!

    ReplyDelete